Provides quality customer service while transporting customers in a safe and efficient manner, all while following program guidelines and in keeping with the goals, philosophy of service policy and objectives of the agency.
CORE REQUIREMENTS & DRIVING SKILLS
- Maintains a valid PPC or CDL license and driving record in compliance with Catch-A-Ride's BMV Record Policy. Reports any accidents/traffic violations immediately (even if incurred while off-duty).
- Maintains a valid CPR/1st Aid certification.
- Adheres to Physical & Drug Testing requirements.
- Attends all required trainings provided by the Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP); Passenger Assistance, Defensive Driving, Emergency Evacuation, and Pre-Trip Inspections.
- Follows all rules of the road, practices defensive driving and displays necessary driving skills in all situations.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & PASSENGER ASSISTANCE
- Assists all passengers as necessary from their origin to destination (without passing through any doorways); offers a helping hand to assist with safe boarding and disembarking and/or to carry bags when necessary. Ensures that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times and does NOT assist with child restraint devices.
- Properly utilizes wheelchair ramp/lift and secures wheelchairs according to agency's policies and procedures.
- Builds a rapport with passengers and ensures that they have a good experience; a positive representative for Catch-A-Ride.
- Submits Incident/Concern reports within 24 hours to report issues and/or clients who may be in need of additional services that LifeTime has to offer.
DEPENDABILITY & COOPERATION
- Arrives on-time to begin shift, drives assigned vehicle on the assigned route, and stays on schedule throughout the day, reporting any issues to dispatch.
- Attends all meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility through willingness to drive various routes, participates in schedule exchanges, and picks up shifts when feasible.
- Delivers vehicles to vendors for maintenance/services as needed.
- Engages in other related activities or special projects as required or assigned.
- Reviews daily manifest prior to shift, reports scheduling conflicts and/or changes to the manifest (No Shows, Cancellations, Incorrect Fares, etc.) throughout the day to dispatch.
- Completes Daily Vehicle Inspection & Supply Log, reports any major concerns immediately, and submits at the end of each shift.
- Completes any necessary 3rd party funder (Medicaid, MTM & LCP) paperwork, which includes obtaining signatures, and submits at the end of each day.
- Collects cash fares as clients board, stores cash in a zipped bank bag Monday-Friday each week and makes one deposit by the following Monday. Signs and returns deposit slip (along with fuel receipts for the week) to the office promptly.
- Communicates professionally with all team members. Utilizes codes/signals when communicating via 2-way radio and ensures client confidentiality by using only client initials over the radio.
- At the end of each day, checks vehicle for passenger belongings, fuels up, cleans vehicle (sweeps, removes trash, cleans windows, etc.), and ensures all systems are off, the vehicle is locked, and keys are stored in the lock box.
- Submits timesheet at the end of each shift and leave requests as per agency policies and procedures.
- Reads and responds to memos in a timely manner.
- Completes Accident Reports and follows procedures in the event of an accident.
- Maintains position manual.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures
- Understands, supports, and models with professionalism the agency's Mission, Vision, and Values.
The essential functions identified here are a representation of those duties required of this position and in no way are intended to be a complete list.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Mental Demand: Written and verbal communication skills; listening skills; interpersonal skills; customer service skills; reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work closely with others on a daily basis; map reading skills; defensive driving skills; time management skills.
Physical Effort: Medium Work: Exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently; bending, crouching, kneeling, twisting, pushing, pulling, frequent driving, sitting (particularly for long periods of time).
Working Conditions: All traffic situations, inclement weather, possible exposure to bodily fluids, daily customer contact.
Age, Education, Experience and Training: Must be at least 25 years of age. Commercial driver’s license or public passenger chauffeur’s license; successful completion of state-required trainings after hiring to include CPR and First Aid; high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge of basic or commonly used procedures or operations, requiring some prior training or 1 to 2 years related experience.
Apply Online Here or Print an Application (PDF)