Responsible for assisting the division field staff with processing of individual cases and administrative staff with program specific duties to ensure the consistent provision of quality services, in keeping with LifeTime Resources, Inc. goals and objectives, as well as requirements of Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, the accrediting body, and other regulatory agencies.
- Completes all tasks with a sense of urgency, effectively prioritizes to ensure timely and effective customer service. Ensures timely flow of work between satellite offices, administrative office and the state office.
- Carries out tasks assigned via CaMSS ensuring effective problem resolution, seeking appropriate guidance, and completing adequate follow up with providers, individuals and informal supports.
- Advocates on individuals’ behalf.
- Ensures safe and confidential handling of individuals’ information.
- Documents all actions taken and time spent on behalf of individuals in State approved database. Keeps all files current and ensures case files are kept in standard agency order.
- Provides assistance with Goal Setting and inputs data in tracking sheets according to information received from Home Care Managers and established procedures.
- Assembles and prepares individual specific documents in packets and ensures adequate availability of forms for assigned field staff.
- Locates providers for funded services according to direction from field staff. Distributes service plan authorizations, provider notifications, and required individual notifications.
- Assists with timely transfer of cases between staff.
- Gathers information needed and oversees individuals’ movement through application process for Medicaid.
- Completes referrals for services, housing, public transportation, and community resources.
- Researches and locates needed resources keeping in mind unique and creative person-centered solutions such as product or program information, shares eligibility information and assists with application process as needed.
- Assists with the RFA process by requesting MD scripts, provider bids, and scanning required information into the assigned database.
- Provides efficient back up in the absence of assigned field staff ensuing individual related issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Acts as backup, when necessary, for the ADRC in receiving calls and making appropriate referrals and to the front desk.
- Runs monthly Medicaid status checks for all assigned Home Care Managers and reports on problematic situations.
- Consistently and effectively utilizes position procedures; recommends changes when necessary and completes updates as required.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Attends required trainings and keeps abreast of issues and information necessary to perform work duties.
- Represents the agency in the community as needed.
- Understands, supports, and models the agency's Mission-based Values.
- Engages in other related activities or special projects as required or assigned.
The essential functions identified here are a representation of those duties required of this position and in no way are intended to be a complete list.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Mental Demand: Clerical and computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office Suite; written and verbal communication skills; listening skills; interpersonal skills; customer service skills; ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks in an organized manner; reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to handle sensitive situations..
Physical Effort: Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently; ability to climb stairs and independently access all customer homes.
Working Conditions: Office environment, occasional travel; possible exposure to bodily fluids, daily customer contact; occasional inclement weather.
Education, Experience and Training: High school diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge of basic or commonly used procedures or operations, requiring some prior training or 1 to 2 years related experience; valid driver’s license.
Apply Online Here or Print an Application (PDF)